In February of 2011, LiquidCMS won the contract to convert the Canadian Transportation Agency's public site into Drupal. The project plan was to replace their existing proprietary CMS with Drupal 6; while keeping a lot of the functionality of their existing CMS and adding new or improved features and a cleaner CLF2 theme.
The site launched in August as the first GoC Agency site to be completely Drupal based. A partial list of some of the features, design complexities and custom module work includes:
- import of site's existing content including over 30,000 "rulings" (bilingual)
- Ruling Manager with custom side-by-side bilingual editor interface
- custom Proactive Disclosure management including configurable, scheduled publications of disclosures
- extensive use of Faceted Search for the site content including:
- fixes for Views support and i18n (bilingual)
- adding support for our custom Published Time module
- contribution of numerous patches to both the Simplenews and Notifications modules for better support of i18n
- extensive site wide use of Panels to provide client with a very flexible page layout scheme
- custom "subscription" interface for users to tie in custom Notifications and Simplenews signup pages
- fixes to Views module to improve search performance
- custom code to provide better bilingual date formats, urls, etc.
- custom TinyMCE plugins